Please fill out this Patient Questionnaire before your first visit.
The Rehabilitation Medicine Clinic at MSU offers patients the opportunity to optimize their activity level by tailoring a therapy program to meet their individual needs. We treat the whole body by promoting:
Physical Therapy can be used to treat a variety of acute and chronic ailments.
Our therapy team will work with your physician to determine a treatment plan that is designed to optimize a quick recovery. In order to maximize your flexibility, strength, stabilization, and motion your therapist may utilize hands on (manual) techniques in concert with:
- Gait analysis
- Balance training
- Postural education
Our Physical Therapy Staff
We are a dynamic team comprised of Physical Therapists, Physical Therapy Assistants and Certified Athletic Trainers. Our staff stays current with the latest and most effective treatment techniques by attending continuing education courses and partaking in discussions with area physicians and specialists.
Physical Therapy Specialties
- Manual therapy for acute/chronic pain
- Sports physical therapy for reconditioning and return to sport
- Therapists with extensive training in Sports Medicine
- Therapists with extensive training in stroke, head injury, neurological and cardiovascular rehabilitation
- Vestibular retraining
- Lymphedema therapy, with Certified Therapists using manual lymphatic drainage
"Physical Therapy's ultimate goal is for the patient to achieve freedom from pain, independent living, and to understand how to prevent re-injury."
Sports Medicine Physical Therapy Includes:
- Post surgical recovery of replacements and repairs to the shoulder, elbow, hip, knee and ankle.
- Muscle strains, tendon injuries, overuse injuries and osteoarthritis
- Exercise and re-training for competitive athletes and anyone who is physically active.
Our staff works closely with MSU Orthopedic Surgeons and MSU Sports Medicine Physicians to communicate on patient needs and progress.
We provide our patients with an open, upbeat environment utilizing individualized treatment, one on one attention, a variety of exercise equipment, patient education, and instruction in exercise methods for continued recovery at home. We have convenient hours and extended days to accommodate busy schedules.